The Bible of Options Strategies
The Bible of Options Strategies : The Definitive Guide for Practical Trading Strategies which is written by Guy Cohen is the best book on option strategies . An excellent book by an excellent author. Guy Cohen has lots of experience on both the US and UK derivatives and stock markets.
The book is easy to read, Guy Cohen uses images and diagrams to explain about a strategy . Diagrams are easy to learn than numerical formula. The layout of the book is also great making the reader easy to navigate around the text. The strategies are categorized by Proficiency, Direction, Volatility, Risk/Reward, and Type. So it is easy if you want to find an intermediate, low volatility option strategy for bullish market.
The book covers all of today’s best income, volatility, synthetic, and sideways market strategies . It will show you why each strategy works, an when and how to use them.
Here are what you will learn from the book:
- The Four Basic Options Strategies .
- Income strategies . It construct spreads within a shorter term (typically 30-45 days). An example is covered call.
- Vertical Spreads.
- Volatility Strategies . These strategies is used when we think the price will move a lot. An example is short iron Condor.
- Sideways Strategies . It is used when we think the price will not move a lot. An example is long iron Condor.
- Leveraged Strategies .
- Synthetic Strategies .
- Taxation for Options Traders.
The book has a total of 56 strategies . You don’t need to master every strategy . It is entitled the “Bible of Options Strategies ” for a reason. It’s a bible, so when you hear someone mention a “Short iron Condor” and wonder what it is, go read it from the ‘Bible’.
Source by Ian Sani