6 Hot Tips to Help You Sell Online
Are you struggling to sell products
- Learn Coding – When I first tried
startingon onlinebusiness, I paid a guy $200 to create a junky two page website. From that point on, I realized that I needed to learn coding myself. I went out and bought an HTML book. Now I can code an entire site myself and all it costs me is my time. You don’t have to know HTML or PHP to have an onlinepresence, but knowing the basics will make life much easier for you and will save you money in the long run.
- Gain Graphic Skills – Knowing at least a little bit about graphics can help you tremendously. An ugly site is like a gas station that is scarcely lit in a bad neighborhood. You will pass up that gas station and ten others just to find the well lit gas station with the slushy machine. If you are on a tight budget, I suggest
startingout with a program like Gimp. I call Gimp the poor man’s PhotoShop. You can do just about the same stuff with Gimp as you can with PhotoShop. You can find a ton of Gimp tutorials on YouTube.
- Learn How to Market – When I first
startedmy online store, I began to frequent search engine optimization (SEO) forums. I slowly learned how to get traffic to my site. Our site made over $32,000 a year and our only form of marketing was SEO that didn’t cost us a dime. There are other ways to market, but I prefer the cheap/free way of SEO.
- Find a Good Product – You may have all the marketing skills in the world, but if your product has no profit margin because of a flooded market you will never make anything. Stay away from knick knack dropshippers! Finding a niche product that people want is the key to selling
- Don’t ever give up – You would think I was Thomas Edison with all the different sites that I tried to
start. The key was that I never gave up. I finally found a great product to sell. I learned through the years what to do and not to do. I stuck with it, and then I made cash.
- Have Great Customer Service – If you treat your customers right, they will keep coming back. Not only will they keep coming back, but the will tell their friends about you. You can’t get any better advertising than word of mouth.
That’s it for now. I hope you enjoyed this article. Feel free to check out my other Ezine Articles, my blog, or my new eBook for more information.